Prev: [Painting]Thinning paints for airbrush? Next: [DS/FT] Aliens

Re: [FMA] Bar Fight

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:21:28 -0800
Subject: Re: [FMA] Bar Fight

That sounds like an old Yaquinto game, "Swashbuckler". That was one fun
game ! It had all the swashbuclking moves like flipping tables at
people, swinging overhead on anything, bashing noggins with beer
steins... all that good stuff. It had a tavern map and a boarding party
map.

There was also a scifi flavored variant.

I miss Yaquinto, they put out some good games. Excalibur has some of
them back in print, but they aren't making any more. Speaking of
Yaquinto, did anyone ever figure out how to play Timewar ?

<laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote :

>>From: John Crimmins johncrim@voicenet.com
>>
>>>This got me thinking about an FMA scenario that could be a heck of a
lot of fun...  Last Call: A Full Metal Bar Fight.  You could have a good
excuse

>for variety of factions (all on their own side), a minimal amount of
projectile weapons (so there's a good excuse for everyone to go
hand-to-hand), and

>>probably a couple of Jedi who've wandered in from a different movie.
>>
>>>Somewhere in my parent's attic is an old "album game" based on this
concept.  Anyone remember what it was called?  Could use that for a
map....

>>No, but if it's set in a pirate bar--Port Royal, IIRC--then I remember
it fondly.  My best dying soliloquy was "My treasure..[the entire melee
instantly

>pauses as everyone listens]...is buried...on the...island..of..."
<slumps forward and expires>

>This was a science fiction game, and obviously inspited by the Cantina
scene from Star Wars.  Ahh, it'll come back to me eventually.