Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: FT: Holds for hauling OGRE/GEV troops...

Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 07:20:05 -0800
Subject: Re: [DSII] What Size Forces Do I Need?

>From: KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de (K.H.Ranitzsch)

>Not neccessarily useful for recce in game terms. Most fog-of-war rules
tend
>to work better with static hidden units and/or use visible moving units
.
>For such rules, a attacker/defender scenario with hidden defender works
>better. But it will depend on what rules you use.
>
>Recon units may still be useful to harrass the enemy, however.

This is one of the few major gripes I have with most ground combat
games,
especially large-scale.  Recon units are not as useful because you have
assume some level of recce or intel has already occurred in order to
justify
having both forces on the same table.  Makes it hard to recreate a need
for
scouting forces.

3B^2

Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: FT: Holds for hauling OGRE/GEV troops...