Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Librarians

Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: "Germ" <germ@g...>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:44:53 -0000
Subject: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

> > What are you, a librarian?
> A children's librarian, to be specific.

Hey so that's two of us on this list :)

> More a reflection of the frustration that comes of dealing with a pack
of
> maddened pre-teen children every afternoon.  "Control, control, must
establish
> control....  You!  Stop dangling your brother out of the window!  And
you,
why
> are you looking at porn?  Oh, yeah, sure: it's an assignment for art
class.

Funny you just described my normal working day, which is even more
depressing
when I tell you I look after postgraduate medical/biology/pharmacy and
nursing students!

On a regular basis I have conversations like.
Me "this book is on a weekly loan"
Student "when is it due back then?"

Or
Student "I'm looking for the book I was using last week"
Me "what was it called?"
Student "I cannot remember, it was a large green book"

Jeremey
germ@germy.co.uk
www.germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Librarians