Prev: Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete Next: Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete

Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:27:37 -0500
Subject: Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete

David Brewer wrote:
> Have you, seriously, thought of asking bolton.ac.uk if they have
> any archives from the old list? A few megabytes of overlooked text
> files being stored unnoticed? If someone there remembers Adam,
> they might be willing to help.

I remember asking Adam years ago whether there were archives when
I started out, and he said that there weren't any -- which is why
I started the archives in the first place.  So, I'm pretty sure
that there would be none at Bolton.  If Jon White were still there,
I'd feel confident asking, but, given that it's been almost 6
years, and the two people who are most closely associated with it
are gone... it's very unlikely, and I'm not sure it's worth the
effort, at least along that angle.

Just like the Google Usenet project, my only real hope would be if
there's a lurker who, out of force of habit, archived every post
of the list in the early years.  In particular, I'd be interested
in reading FT 1st Edition comments.  (8-)

A lot of the list's early history has pretty well, been lost.  Not much
can be done about it now, I guess.  It's not really that big a deal,
but, the historian in me would like some closure, would like to
hear some stories from the stone age... (8-)

JGH
--
*** Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan ***
	  "Up, up and away, away from me -- It's alright...

Prev: Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete Next: Re: [ARCHIVES] Overhaul complete