Prev: Re: [OT]US Civil War (the first one) Next: Re: [DS]Scotia 6mm PA pictures?

Re: [OT]Wither Canada?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:05:25 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:59:00 -0800 (PST), John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Ummm, looking at the home state of forces in the the
>Army of Northern Virginia, Louisiana isn't Southern.
>Whereas Texas contributed a division commander and
>most of a division.

Excuse me? The Washington Artillery was part of the Army of Northern
Virginia.
Came from the Washington Armory, New Orleans. Hays brigade of
Louisianans were
in Early's division. That would be the 5th through 9th Louisiana
regiments.
Nicholl's brigade was under Colston's division. This consisted of the
1st,
2nd, 10th, 14th, and 15th Louisiana regiments, all of whom were heavily
engaged at Chancellorsville.

You are certainly not correct in there being no Louisianans in the Army
of
Northern Virginia.

The whole "Texas isn't Southern" thing is something, as a Canadian, I
don't
quite get. It seems to me it's mostly tongue in cheek.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: Re: [OT]US Civil War (the first one) Next: Re: [DS]Scotia 6mm PA pictures?