Prev: 28MM RVN AMERICANS AND THINGS TO COME Next: RE: BATTLE SIZES

Re: [OT]Wither Canada?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:23:51 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:55:18 -0500, "laserlight@quixnet.net"
<laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:

> Comparable, I'd think, to the difference between Southern US English
and
> Australian--you might not know what a "hushpuppy" is or use "y'all"
> correctly, but could usually get by if you avoid slang.

I'm learning, though! I recently found out what a hushpuppy was. I
haven't had
butter beans yet, but I saw them in a store. The proper way to pronounce
"pecan" down here is "peh-con" not "pee-can". The phrase "Where are you
at?"
is considered grammatically correct. And then there's the whole debate
over
"barbecue is not a verb!".

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: 28MM RVN AMERICANS AND THINGS TO COME Next: RE: BATTLE SIZES