Prev: Re: Stargrunt Questions revisited Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?

Re: [SG] Terrain ... How Much

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:11:45 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG] Terrain ... How Much

>From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil>

>This seems a little overkill for most areas in the world that I have
been
>in. Most areas (except national parks, forests, etc.) have less than
25% of
>their area covered by plant terrain.

Come visit me sometime.  North of me is fairly open terrain.  South,
West,
and East, fairly rugged mountains with gobs of plant terrain.  Some's
national park, some's national forest, some is BLM, some is private
land,
some belongs to the State of Oregon.  As a teenager, I always tried to
picture what it would be like for someone trying an amphibious invasion
of
Oregon, considering that our first mountain range is right on the coast,
and
only at certain passes is it easily crossed.

For the game, I imagine it would depend on how heavily settled the world
in
conflict is, and where on each world the conflict occurs (secret ops at
remote bases, invasion of the colony, etc.).

2B^2

Prev: Re: Stargrunt Questions revisited Next: Re: [OT]Wither Canada?