Prev: Re: Re-entry: was FT: Carriers Next: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

RE: RE: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:20:17 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: RE: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:

> Daryl Lonnon wrote:
> > Someone mentioned to be careful since technical pens have a tendency
> > "reactivate" when hit with a top coat, making them run and/or get
> > fuzzy when top coating your miniatures.
>
> This *can* provide a nice effect.  I used magic marker to mark camo on
my NSL
> PA, then sprayed it to make the marker run a bit and soften the edges
> (and then washed it with white here and there to further the effect).

> I used these for Silverstone, but it looks like Jerry didn't get
> pictures of them--maybe Tom or someone did?

Magic marker 'paint' on minis? Interesting - how did it turn out
compared
to regular actual paint?

Derek is, of course, probably going to try and arrange to burn you as a
heretic. This is worse than the 'spray-can-only' infidels!

I've used black technical pen on a few of my minis, and haven't yet had
problem with reactivating under spray varnish. Three or four minis does
not a comprehensive survey make, though.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -

Prev: Re: Re-entry: was FT: Carriers Next: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....