Prev: RE: RE: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It. Next: Re: [FT] Orbit and FT

Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:55:02 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

--- Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:
> John Atkinson wrote:
>
> >Oh, I wasn't even going to point out that almost
> every
> >air-to-air kill in the Falklands was using a US
> >missile.  That's nitpicking even by my standards.
> If someone buys a weapon and later on uses it in a
> war, is the weapon
> designer/manufacturer involved in the war too?
> Oerjan

Not a good anology.
The AIM9L was a 'brand spanking new' air to air
missile
that had NOT been released for export.	The missle was
instantly released to the Brits for use in the
Falklands.   (As well as the Wideawake Airfield on
Ascension Island.)

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: RE: RE: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It. Next: Re: [FT] Orbit and FT