Prev: RE: [FT] Orbit and FT Next: RE: [FT] Orbit and FT

RE: [FT] Orbit and FT

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:02:04 -0800
Subject: RE: [FT] Orbit and FT

B Lin wrote:

>Geo-synchronous means you are over the same spot of the planet all the
>time.

That answers my first question.

To achieve this you have to in the orbit radius that gives an orbit time

exactly the same as the length of day of the point on the planet below.

And that answers the second question.

*SNIP*

>Mass of the ship doesn't matter much.	Mass of the planet determines
the
>amount of pull gravity has and that determines how fast the orbital
speed
>will be.

This I knew, notice I never mention ship mass.

>One example to help visualize gravity and orbits.  *SNIP*

All of this I was aware of as well.  I was merely wondering how
Geosynchronous was achieved - apparently from what you said it is
dependent
on what diostance you orbit at.  That's all I really needed.  Thanks.

2B^2

Prev: RE: [FT] Orbit and FT Next: RE: [FT] Orbit and FT