Prev: Fw: Afterthought: camo on 6mm infantry Next: Eye See You, Brian!

[FT] FMA Dogfight (was: Waveguns)

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:51:29 +1100
Subject: [FT] FMA Dogfight (was: Waveguns)

On Monday, March 11, 2002 3:44 AM, Brian Bilderback
[SMTP:bbilderback@hotmail.com] wrote:

> Actually I HAVE been fiddling with a SORT of Space Combat FMA -
actually
> Aerospace FMA, sort of FT FMA and DS II in space.  The intention is to

> create a fighter-level aerospace combat game with fighters that are
fully
> compatible in design with DS II fighter rules, so that if someone
WANTS
to,
> they can have people playing 2 concurrent games - DS II and the
fighter
game
> (tentatively called Full Afterburners), with the fighters able to
enter
the
> DSII game to add air support.  Currently the biggest obstacle is
coming up

> with a way to convert FT movement rules into 3D for atmospheric combat
(The
> idea is to allow either movement while in space, but a 3d form of
cinematic
> in-atmosphere) and my reticence t put too much effort into DS II
> compatibility since that sytem seems on ther cusp of a major revamp.

Have a look at FMA Dogfight:

http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/sghome.htm

for my old work on it.	It has actually had some playtesting by people
on
the list, but I haven't updated it for quite a while.

*****
Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies