Prev: Re: FT: Carriers Next: vallejo.. beth

Teeny Nukes

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:45:31 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Teeny Nukes

--- Allan Goodall <agoodall@att.net> wrote:

> a really interesting thread. How do you handle
> small, limited nukes in DS2 and
> SG2? Yes, SG2... for, as Tom will point out in the
> Traveller universe, there
> were ways of defending against nukes that closed
> within SG2 range. I think
> "pocket nukes" (as opposed to backpack nukes) or
> nuclear grenades could be an
> interesting addition to the DS2 and SG2 arsenals.

Nuclear grenades?  Do they include a pair of sneakers?
 (Throw and run, REAL FAST).

> Maybe we can save the thread and talk about a game
> role for nuclear weapons,
> assuming a technology that allows you to make a very
> tiny nuke that explodes
> with, say, the force of a large artillery shell.

Depends.  Give troops a grenade with the force of a
155mm shell and they will end up hurting themselves.
Grenades are used at really close range.  According to
The Book, the "average soldier" can throw a grenade
35m effectively.  Now, that's 3.5" in Stargrunt terms,
which is why they are abstracted into close combat.
Grenades are also heavily used in MOUT operations at
ranges of a few feet (thrown into rooms, etc).	You
don't want too much power being set off at that range.

John

Prev: Re: FT: Carriers Next: vallejo.. beth