Prev: Re: [SGII] The Eyes Have It. Next: Re: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:30:45 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:37:24 -0500, "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)"
<Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil> wrote :

> Stuart Murry just gave a painting seminar at GZGECC on painting
figures for
> minatures wargaming (as opposed to contests).

I would have liked to attend that one, actually -- no matter how much
experience you have, there's always *something* to learn -- but I was
too busy
having my head handed to me in Carnage Con Queso.

At the very least, I walked away with one consoling thought: My troops
were soon going to learn the answer to the question which has stumped
hilosophers since the very beginning of time: Are Awful Green Things
edible?  And, if so, can they be barbequed?

Unfortunately, we didn't have any cheese to add to the recipe.

> On of the things he suggested was to just wash the face of the
minature with
> a darker (flesh?) wash. This darkens the eyes and brings out other
facial
> features.

I'm as willing as the next man to say nasty things about Games Workshop
and all their spawn, but this much must be said: Their "Flesh Wash"
paint is
fantastic.

> OTOH, he suggested if you wanted to paint the eyes, do the following
(IIRC):
> 1. Paint and wash (with ink, not soap) miniature's face.
> 2. Paint eye socket black or dark brown.
> 3. Paint eye socket white (don't cover all of black).
> 4. Paint irus/pupil.
> 5. Paint orignal flesh color across top of eye as eyelid.

That's pretty close to what I do, but I try to create the eyelid when I
paint the eye.	I sort of flatten out the top of the oval, and paint the
pupil as a half
circle covered by the lid.

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: [SGII] The Eyes Have It. Next: Re: [SGII] The Eyes Have It.