Prev: Re: Now on topic previously was Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom.... Next: RE: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....Question

Re: [DSII]Aerospace firing

From: "Germ" <germ@g...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:37:24 -0000
Subject: Re: [DSII]Aerospace firing

> This one came up over the weekend. (After Action report to follow)
> If an Aerospace unit is attacking a ground unit with a direct fire
weapon
> (e.g. SLAM, RFAC) does it suffer the adverse die shift for moving more
that
> half move?
> For plays sake we said yes.

I'd say no to this one. Areospace movement is very different.
It will always arrive and leave the battlefield in the same movement
turn so effectively your always going to be shifting down a die.
I prefer to have it that areospace weapons are designed to operate
at speed, so wouldn't shift the dice for movement.

If we are talking VTOL then yes I would shift down a die for more
than half move.

> Can an aerospace unit target vehicles inside and Urban area.
> For plays sake we said yes.
> Chris Downes-Ward

I don't have a problem with this one.
If your worried about line of sight i.e. how would the aerospace unit
know
they were there? Then just apply a little house rule like an areospace
target
must be visible to a friendly ground based unit in order for it to be
attacked.
You could go another step and treat areospace units in the same way as
artillery.
Needing spotters etc...

Jeremey
germ@germy.co.uk