Prev: Re: DSII question Next: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....

Re: Hills, Mountains, etc.

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 23:12:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Hills, Mountains, etc.

John Atkinson wrote:

> --- Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@sympatico.ca>
> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, but that APC was driven by a dumbass.  I have
> > driven a nose-heavy, RWD
> > land yacht on black ice, and it is not that
> > difficult.	However, you must be
> > completely unhurried.  If you can get it moving, you
> > can make it stop, but if you
> > drive faster than you can maneuver, it is your own
> > damn fault.
>
> Right.  I can tell you've never driven a military
> tracked vehicle in convoy--or in field exercises.  Try
> again when you've done that.	Our squad's -113 driver
> managed to get airborne several times at NTC, and was
> driving so fast over rough terrain that he managed to
> twist off the tow pintle and drop our MICLIC trailer
> in the desert.  Why?	We had to keep up with the damn
> tanks.  Why?	To avoid (simulated) death, which
> matters somewhat more than the posibility of an
> accident.

I do not give a fuck about any excuses, the responsibility for an
accident resides with the last person that was able to prevent it.  In
the case of the APC shaped hole in the a building in a german village,
which is what prompted the "dumbass" remark and was described as a
single vehicle accident, the responsibility rests solely with the
driver.  Driving a vehicle over terrain so rough that equipment is
shaken off is not the same thing as ignoring the laws of physics (as
applied to vehicles moving on snow).  If you attempt to drive on
slippery surfaces at rates of speed above your ability to steer, you

Prev: Re: DSII question Next: Re: [OT]Nukes... tunnels.... boom....