Prev: Re: DSII: Assault Landers Next: RE:[FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long]

RE:[FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long]

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 08:50:25 -0800
Subject: RE:[FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long]

>From: "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak@dahak.free-online.co.uk>

> > On a custom 'Wave Destroyer' (A destroyer with a wave gun,
> > and perhaps a
> > couple of B-1s & PDS for when its charging the Wave Gun) it
> > would be a
> > lot nastier - a factor I will address below.
>
>The Gearing class IIRC.

My father served on a RL Gearing class destroyer, the USS Bausell (DD
845).
Keel was layed in 1945, was commissioned post-WWII.  Was FRAM'ed and
when my
father was aboard in the 60's, it was the first tin can in the Pacific
Fleet
to carry ASROC.  You can't tell my father was proud of his service, can
you?

2B^2

Prev: Re: DSII: Assault Landers Next: RE:[FT] Wave Guns Redux (again!) [long]