Prev: RE: Hills, Mountains, etc. Next: Re: Hills, Mountains, etc.

Re: Hills, Mountains, etc.

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 13:17:49 -0600
Subject: Re: Hills, Mountains, etc.

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:00:31 -0500 , "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)"
<Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil> wrote:

>But back to my question, has anyone modeled this before?

I haven't modeled it in miniature hills, mostly because I have
manufactured
hills, SG2 doesn't have it built in (though it's an excellent idea for a
scenario), and I just never thought of it.

As for game systems that model it, yes, Phoenix Command Mechanized had
rules
for vehicles climbing or crossing slopes based on the angle of the
slope.
Depending on variables, including weather, a tank could slip down the
slope
or, in the worst case, flip over. I wouldn't imagine a tank would handle
rolling over very well, even if it landed tracks down (for one thing,
damaging
the barrel would be a nasty possibility).

http://www.hyperbear.com

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: RE: Hills, Mountains, etc. Next: Re: Hills, Mountains, etc.