Prev: RE: Mercs as Peacekeepers Next: RE: Camo pictures

Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs- Stardestroyer stats

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:53:52 -0000
Subject: Re: FT-Shiva option/starfire designs- Stardestroyer stats

----- Original Message -----
From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 3:59 AM

> At 1:40 AM +0000 3/6/02, Bif Smith wrote:
> >
> >Erm, a HH minotor class LAC carrier is built on a DN`s hull, at
around 7
> >million tonnes. Each of these carriers can carry 96 LAC`s, plus some
spares,
> >and some light weapons (well, light compaired to what a normal DN
would
> >carry). A HH SD comes in at 8.5 million tonnes for the biggest ones.
In
> >other words, BIG!
>
> Perhaps you misunderstod what I was trying to say, it was the LACs
> that were at least Mass 10. Not the LAC Carrier.... You've got 15
> Mass per LAC. 96 LACs, thats at least 1440 for the basic compliment
> of LACs plus weapons, plus engines, plus massive sensors and all
> sorts of other things....3-4000 mass is about right...
> --
> --
> Ryan Gill			    rmgill@mindspring.com
No, I didn`t misunderstand. I just provided the numbers for anybody
who`s
curious to imagine the shear size of a HH capitol ship. Also, in these
figures you have to include the fact the capitols have very large ammo
for
their launchers and the heaviest armour posible. I once tried working
out
the size of a HH SD with MT missile launchers, multi layered PH armour,
large reserves of ammo for the launchers and "c" mode pulsars. I came to
rough figure of 8500 mass, and didn`t even bother working out the cost
(EPP!!).

These babies are BIG in every sense of the word.

Prev: RE: Mercs as Peacekeepers Next: RE: Camo pictures