Prev: Re: GZG ECC V: The Quote Board Next: [DS] Ogre MKIII

Re: GZG ECC V Con Report

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 22:00:17 -0500
Subject: Re: GZG ECC V Con Report

> Saturday evening: Racing to Ruin (FMA), run by Tom Barclay.
> The previous two events had been loud, fun games with lots of
energy,
> however this one turned out to be more of a thoughtful tactical
exercise. I
> discovered (again) that Chris DeBoe is a real gentleman, even as an
opponent
> -- given an opportunity to blast 2 of our troopers out in the open
with a
> plasma gun, he passed up the shot because the plasma gunner couldn't
have
> seen them from where he was on the table.

I'm a member of the "All games are role-playing games" line of
thought.  If I'd wanted to be most efficient, I'd have t-ported my CO
and plasma gunners to the top of the pyramid where they could see
everything, then just aim and shoot.  But my CO was a motivation 3 so
I didn't see him as being willing to risk himself when he could send a
lower caste instead.

Prev: Re: GZG ECC V: The Quote Board Next: [DS] Ogre MKIII