Prev: More Thrust Link Next: GZG ECC V

IJN/EDF Ships

From: "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak@d...>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 20:33:09 -0000
Subject: IJN/EDF Ships

For various reasons I got out my set of Pictures of early EDF units
and so the stats sort of followed.

Thoughts

SBB
http://www.shipschematics.net/yamato/images/edf/battleship_yamato.jpg
 Type X1
 Thrust 4, FTL, Partial Streamlining, 96 Hull, 16 Damage Control
Parties, 4 Firecontrols, 1 Shield, 1060 pts+ Fighters

Weapons
 1x Wave Gun F
 2x 5 Arc 3 Battery F,FP,FS,AP,AS
 1x 1 Arc SMR F
 1x 3 Arc 2 Battery F,FP,FS.
 6x 6 Arc 1 Battery ALL
 6x PDS ALL
 1x 3 Arc 2 Battery A,AP,AS.
 1x 5 Arc 3 Battery FP,FS,AP,AS,A
 2x Fighter Squadrons

Notes
 Usual fighter load out 1 Squadron Interceptors and 1 Squadron Ace
Normal.
 Possibly should have more PDS/1 batteries to match the original
archetype, but the number of such changes from shot to shot.
 Note the change in turret layout from the surface deployment loosing
the two waist secondary batteries.
 the second ship of the class replaced the rear facing 3 Battery with
a turreted Wave Gun, How much space that takes I wouldn't like to
calculate.

BB http://www.shipschematics.net/yamato/images/edf/cruiser_mogami.jpg
 Type M21741 [Mogami]
 Thrust 4, FTL, 30 Hull, 5 Damage Control Parties, 2 Firecontrols, 3
Armour, 342 pts

Weapons
 1x Pulse Torpedo F
 1x 5 Arc 3 Battery F,FP,FS,AP,AS
 1x 3 Arc 3 Battery F,FP,FS
 1x 6 Arc 3 Battery All
 1x 3 Arc 3 Battery F,FP,FS.
 2x PDS ALL

Notes
 Visual evidence shows no sign of PD or light weapons at all, however
the existence of the Paladin and certain documentary evidence implies
some PD capability, particularly the lack of involvement of Fighters
in the battle of Pluto, when we know there was a single hostile light
carrier in the vicinity . Type number is awfully high for a linear
count but may be a 4 digit year followed by model designed/first laid
down that year.

CM
http://www.shipschematics.net/yamato/images/edf/torpedodestroyer_light
ning.jpg
 Type M21881 [Paladin]
 Thrust 4, FTL, 21 Hull, 4 Damage Control Parties, 2 Firecontrols, 240
pts

Weapons
 1x 3 Arc SML with 3 round magazine.
 1x 4 Arc 3 Battery FP,FS,AP,AS
 1x 5 Arc 3 Battery F,FP,FS,AP,AS
 2x PDS ALL

Notes
 Visual evidence shows no sign of PD or light weapons at all, however
the existence of this ship and certain documentary evidence implies
some PD capability.

At some point I'll get on to the later designs. Though mounting wave
guns on escorts seems a bit extreme.

Adam

Prev: More Thrust Link Next: GZG ECC V