Prev: BAR Next: GEV Tank

Re: TOES INTO THE DUMPER

From: "Donogh McCarthy" <donoghmc@h...>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:47:52 +0000
Subject: Re: TOES INTO THE DUMPER

>when issued  piece of crap M-16s, we replaced them with M-14s, and
>even
>AKs. when these were taken away, and "improved " M-16s >re-issued,
M-14A2
>(the SAW ) was retained, USA issue 12-ga pump >shotguns, privately
owned
>shotguns and pistols  appeared in huge  >numbers, along with scrounged
M-3
>grease gns, Swedishs and  M-2 >carbines as backups.

I can't remember where I read this, but in LRRPs in Vietnam, the 5-6 men

used M-14s, shotguns, M-79 Grenade Launchers and even AK47s: anything
except
M-16s, not just because of (un)reliability issues, but because nothing
attracted the enemy more than the sound of an M-16 rattling away

Interesting to see that spill over into more regular (or am I making an
assumption here) units.

Donogh

Prev: BAR Next: GEV Tank