Prev: Re: painting SG figures question Next: Re: Pushy Lawn Bug Sighted!!!!!!

FT: FTL and Streamlining

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:25:07 -0800
Subject: FT: FTL and Streamlining

A while back I brought up the issue of "Cutters", which in my gaming
setting
will be non-FTL ships used for system patrol & defense.  One of the
things
that came up was the fact that Non-FTL ships have more free space for
armor
and weapons.  While I would not recommend this as a cure-all for the
dilemma, I think I've found a ***[SETTING SPECIFIC]*** (disclaimer)
flavor-based house rule that helps mitigate this imbalance, and will fit
in
well with the concept behind the campaign/setting.

Basically, I will require any ship designed without FTL to be at LEAST
partially streamlined.	The background justification will be that since
these ships are often assigned to backworld systems, where they will
have
less orbital infrastructure and interface support, they need to be
capable
of planetary landing in case of the need for police action, repairs,
etc.
It's shaky, but it keeps Non-FTL ships from needing a separate pricing
structure in points cost (Since streamlining takes up as much or more
capacity as FTL, and has a limited level of in-game usefulness, just
like
FTL).

Comments?

2B^2

Prev: Re: painting SG figures question Next: Re: Pushy Lawn Bug Sighted!!!!!!