Prev: Re: Hockey, Curling and other sports (some futuristic) Next: Re: Pulsar Nav accuracy

Re: Hockey, Curling and other sports (some futuristic)

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: 27 Feb 2002 11:33:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Hockey, Curling and other sports (some futuristic)

And what a coincidence that the ship was travelling along/across the
plane running perpendicular to the station's axis of spin...

I guess it just had to work for him... otherwise the story would be
called "Papa _is_ a Floating Chunk of Debris"

--Flak

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 11:12, Brian Bilderback wrote:
> Randy W. Wolfmeyer wrote:
>
> >In a short story I read a long time ago, the main character did just
that
> >and then cut the cable at precisely the correct moment to give
himself the
> >velocity boost to catch up with a small spacecraft that was running
away
> >from the station (it had applied its thrust and was coasting towards
its
> >destination, a small asteroid not too far away).  I think it was
titled
> >"Papa was a Catcher",
>
> It should have been ewntitled "Papa was a targeting computer."  Wow.
> can't imagine how risky that would be - getting the velocity and angle
just
> right to avoid either missing the ship entirely or splattering against
it's
> hull...
>
> 2B^2

--Flak Magnet
Hive Fleet Jaegernaught
http://www.geocities.com/flakmagnet72

Prev: Re: Hockey, Curling and other sports (some futuristic) Next: Re: Pulsar Nav accuracy