Prev: Re: [FT] A Modest Rate of Fire Proposal Next: Re: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity

Re: [FT] A Modest Rate of Fire Proposal

From: "David Reeves"<davidar@n...>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:21:30 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] A Modest Rate of Fire Proposal

actually, our group has been doing exactly that for a year now.  before,
our
battles would be over in about 3-4 turnswhere there was 1 turn of
sniping, 2
turns of furious fire, and 1 turn of mop-up.  not much command decision
and
not satisfying at all.

although it involves a bit more record-keeping, weapon recharging adds
much
more decision (sweating). the result is games that last a bit longer,
but
there is much more happiness tho.

basiscally, beam weapons recharge 1 turn/beam level.  since we do a B5
universe, we use HBW with special recharge rules.  missles depend on the
launchers ROF.	some examples are:

   1/2 turns
   2/2 turns
   1/turn
   2/turn

we have others changes as well that introduce more tactical thinking,
decision and sweating with little overhead.  I can post these later
after I
complete the latest revision to the house rules....

Dave

Prev: Re: [FT] A Modest Rate of Fire Proposal Next: Re: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity