Prev: RE: [ECC] Lancaster question Next: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II

Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II

From: "Claus Paludan" <cpaludan@w...>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:31:50 GMT
Subject: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II

Don M writes:

> It depends largely on the army your using. In WW2 the
> armies had vastly different MTO&Es ,SOPs and tactics.

At the moment we will only be using German and Russian forces, but
eventually some will buy British and US forces as well.

> The Germans for example built the squad around the MG
> were it was used as the main offensive weapon with the
> riflemen in support. The US army had only a BAR auto-rifle

So US squads shouldn't be allowed to detach the BAR whereas the germans
should (with an assistant). Were they capable of working more
independantly
ie should I make it possible to make a small MG unit with 2-3 soldiers
in
it??

> in the squad all other heavy MGs were in the heavy weapons
> platoon detached to support the rifle squads at need. The
> one thing that is very different from today is that the squads

But these MGs would be able to work by them selves then??? (as small
units -
not detachments??)

> were larger and tended to stay together and not brake into
> fire teams with the exception of the Germans where the
> riflemen could maneuver while the MG was in over watch.

Yes, this is going to be interesting to observe. Even though the rifles
won't have the same firepower as normal SG stuff there will be more of
them
:-)

Thanks!

 ---
With kind regards
Claus Paludan

Prev: RE: [ECC] Lancaster question Next: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II