Prev: [OT] Flag stomping Next: Re: [OT] Flag stomping

RE: SPS/Pulsars

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: 25 Feb 2002 13:03:56 -0500
Subject: RE: SPS/Pulsars

Sort of like an internet, but the the "packets" of data are real ships,
with all the problems that such a system would entail.

Icky, but if it's the best you've got...

On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 12:43, B Lin wrote:
> For Pseudo-FTl communication you can use FTL couriers to get to the
system, then beam the communication across to the next courier who then
jumps to the next system (a la Pony Express.)  I believe that Niven used
this method in "The Mote in God's Eye" series.	This has the downside
that you can only use it in areas where you have a good courier network
setup.	Communication to the out of the way places would still be
intermittent or take a long time.

--

--Flak Magnet
Hive Fleet Jaegernaught

Prev: [OT] Flag stomping Next: Re: [OT] Flag stomping