Prev: detachment suppression Next: RE: SPS/Pulsars

[OT] Flag stomping

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:50:44 -0500
Subject: [OT] Flag stomping

FYI:

The way the CBC reported things, the US Women's Team put the Canadian
Flag on their locker room floor in order to remind them who they were
there to beat and who was hot on their heels. Supposedly they (out of
respect) did not walk on it. It just occupied floorspace.
And the Canadian comment after the Gold was a good rejoinder "The
Americans had our flag on their dressing room floor, now I want to know
if they want us to sign it?".

I'm sure it was all in the spirit of preparing for competition, but in
this case it may have served to fire up the Canadian team - perhaps a
backfire of sorts.

Tomb

PS - Congratulations are indeed in order to Germany, although if they
didn't win Hockey or Curling, they really just got Consolation Prizes.
<*heh*>

PPS - Lots of respect for Norway for beating the Canadian Men in Curling
(in the 10th end and it all came down to the last rock) and to Scotland
(they call them Gr. Britain, but they were all Scottish lasses) for
beating the Canadian Women in Curling to bring the Gold home to the
birthplace of Curling.

PPPS - A big raspberry to the Russians who doped and to the government
who seems to be acting like a petulant 5-year old.... ("I'm taking my
stuff and going home!"). If you cheat, and get caught, you should be
turfed. End of story. It applied to Canada (Ben Johnson comes to mind)
and it should apply to any other nation. Win fair or lose fair... I
respect either. Cheating is beneath contempt.

Prev: detachment suppression Next: RE: SPS/Pulsars