Prev: Re: [OT] Starship Troopers Next: RE: [DS]Single weapon firing

Re: [OT] Starship Troopers

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:53:17 +0900
Subject: Re: [OT] Starship Troopers

In the CG series  (Roughnecks; I'm just DVDing it now with the kids),
the bugs only use a very few biological weapons, but basically just
swarm.
Very effective, actually. The trooper weapons take out bugs very
quickly, but there are always a LOT of bugs, and continuous shots of
hundreds of bugs converging on our 6-man hero squad which is running out
of ammo...

Glenn M Wilson wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:42:29 +0000 Jeremey Claridge
> <jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk> writes:
> >
> >> Don't think they're in-built, IIRC; they're _weapons_ -- y'know,
> >> tool-users and all that? <g>
> >
> Why would I *want* my bugs (Hordes of the Things) also armed with
> effective weaponry?  I can't win with plain old HTH bugs!

=====
Novel, n. A short story padded.
- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
=====
Edward Lipsett
Intercom, Ltd.
Fukuoka, Japan
translation@intercomltd.com
http://www.intercomltd.com
Tel: +81-92-712-9120

Prev: Re: [OT] Starship Troopers Next: RE: [DS]Single weapon firing