Prev: Washes with Future Next: Re: Stormtroopers N tie fighters

Re: Washes with Future

From: Kevin Walker <sage@c...>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:23:07 -0600
Subject: Re: Washes with Future

On Sunday, February 17, 2002, at 02:13 PM, Thomas Barclay wrote:

> Someone mentioned using Future floor wax in a
> wash to get better effects when painting minis.
> The one part of the picture I'm missing is the
> recipe (ratio) for the mix. Anyone who use this
> technique care to remind me? I've got some
> figures that will need washing shortly and I'd like
> to give this "wash and wax" <runs to hide from
> impending arrival of Narn Blunt Trauma
> Squad> technique a try.

I've been working with the Future Wash technique for only a short while
so YMMV.  I use a 3:1 or 4:1 mixture of water to Future and my 'water'
is actually a standard mixture of water and Liquitex Flow Aid as per the

bottle instructions.  Using this mixture I use anywhere from a 1:2 to a
1:4 mixture of ink or paint to Future solution for my actual wash.  I
home this helps.

Kevin Walker
Horizon Concepts, Inc.
Macintosh & Windows Development
Miniature Painting & Sculpting

Prev: Washes with Future Next: Re: Stormtroopers N tie fighters