Prev: Fw: OT: Brilliant Lances Next: Re: Games in Games

Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: "Neomatrix" <neomatrix@b...>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 14:51:31 -0000
Subject: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

>It was on BBC2 years ago, and I thought it was very good. <SNIP>I
_think_
it was >made on a tiny budget, somewhere in the USA, so
>they're clearly not in Vietnam.  The nature of the story means there's
no
>need for a big cast or huge SFX, so those aren't really problems.

Funnily enough, I hated Full Metal Jacket when it came out as I'd seen
production footage showing how Kubrick turned the east end into Vietnam
and
I couldn't suspend my disbelief when I watched it - I've managed it
since
then, but tof course now I play with Samurai Carrots and Bazooka
wielding
Potatoes. Funny world, eh?...

><SNIP>If you don't mind a movie about us septics, one VN era-setting
movie
I've
>had strongly recommended to me, but still haven't found, is 84 Charlie
>Mopic.  Anyone ever seen it?

I think this is the one the post is talking about.  I watched it and
enjoyed
it - I was into Hell By Daylight (Jim Webster/Anchluss) then and was
anxious
to get ideas and visualisation, as you do.  Of course, that was before I
found Stargrunt ;-) (Which curiously enough does contain rules for
vegetables...)

BC
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Veg-Warz/
One carrot with a gun against the world....

Prev: Fw: OT: Brilliant Lances Next: Re: Games in Games