Prev: Re: [DS]Reason for going to DS2 Next: Mercs in Spaaaaace

Re: [DS]Campaign

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:48:11 +0000
Subject: Re: [DS]Campaign

Warren Shultzaberger wrote:

> > > Just out of curiosity, how many of the listers got into GZG
> > the same
> > > way I
> > > did - because we were introduced to SF gaming through other
> > games, got
> > > hooked on the genre, but came to realized said introductory
> > game sucked?
> > >
> > > 2B^2

I found FT just after GW released Space Fleet (the precurser to BFG) and
realised just how much better it was. This was just about when GZG
emerged from the shadows of being a hobby company into the full-fledged
multi-national mega-corp that it is now ;-). I remember buying two NAC
light cruisers from Jon at a show in Lewisham (SELWG) in about '90-'91 -
this was the only model he had for sale at that point, but he also gave
us a glimpse of the mightily impressive NAC fleet carrier.

Once I was hooked on FT, DS2 and SG2 were but a small step along the
same path to saintly enlightenment ...

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Prev: Re: [DS]Reason for going to DS2 Next: Mercs in Spaaaaace