Prev: RE: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!! Next: RE: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!!

RE: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!!

From: Rick Rutherford <Rick@e...>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 15:23:38 -0500
Subject: RE: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!!

laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:

> Vector (in my experience) tends to be "the fleets meet, there is much
> firing and bloodshed for a turn or two, and the losers run off in the
> direction they were headed while the winners try to turn around and
> pursue."

Interesting... the vector movement system has always reminded me of a
slow-motion swordfight from a Samurai movie (with Toshiro Mifune,
of course!). The two opposing fleets slash toward each other, clash
when they meet, and the follow-through takes them past and around
each other.

Cinematic movement is much more like an airplane-dogfighting style game.

Prev: RE: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!! Next: RE: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!!