Prev: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB Next: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB

Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 10:54:43 -0800
Subject: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB

KH.Ranitzsch Wrote:

>You don't seem to be aware of the ratio of the energy outputs of
chemical
>(CFE, HMT in DSII lingo) and nuclear reactions (FGP).

Not precisely, but you have obviously educated me.  Thanks.

>For any given mass of
>fuel, a fusion or fission plant produces humongous amounts of energy
>compared to a chemical reaction.

THAT much I WAS aware of - I am not an engineer, neither am I a buffoon.

>As an illustration: The effect Nuclear weapons is measured in Megatons,

>that
>is a million (10^6) tons of conventitional explosives. In fact the
ratio,
>in
>energy output is more like a billionfold (10^9) , because you only need
>kilos, not tons, of nuclear material.
>
>If you have a fusion reactor, it will run for a looooooooong time on
small
>amounts of hydrogen. Even if you run out of hydrogen eventually, you
would
>use part of the reactors output to split H2O to pure hydrogen rather
than
>use a CFE to produce the hydrogen. In fact, you would get more energy
by
>splitting the hygdrogen off the biodiesel and feeding the fusion plant
with
>that than by burning the biodiesel.

Either way, it still means my point was valid, that a smart high-tech
force
will take along hydrogen conversion equipment or have a built-in
conversion
capacity to prevent a loss of fuel supply.

2B^2

Prev: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB Next: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB