Prev: Re: Near-Topic: G forces Next: OT Flavor was Near-Topic: G forces

Re: JUMP review?

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 19:40:40 -0500
Subject: Re: JUMP review?

JUMP review?Hi Dave,

a)    I like jump as a stand alone game, but you need four players that
like playing chaotic games.  You can usually fit two games in a 4 hour
session if the players know what they are doing.

b)    You will need a bigger map and more planets.  You will also have
to convert tech levels into building restrictions.  Converting build
points should be easy, day 1bp = 50 NPV, this will give planets form 300
to 500 points per turn for allied, and 150 to 250 for conquered.
Technologies will also have to be converted.

c)    I still play it occasionally.  Usually twice in one sitting every
couple of months.

Ending notes, I don't recommend the first two expansions, they are
rather strange.  There is a new expansion that has event/player cards
that look interesting, but I don't have it yet.  I also like some older,
paper intensive games, such as Stellar Conquest, so be advised (warned).
 Boulder Games has review you might find interesting.  Here's their
link:
http://www.bouldergames.com/pricelist.html

ias