Prev: Re: Near-Topic: G forces Next: Re: Near-Topic: G forces

Re: Near-Topic: G forces

From: JEREMY CLARIDGE <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 18:59:10 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Near-Topic: G forces

> Personally, for gaming purposes I like jump points.
> Roger Books

Well if we are getting personal I quite like the idea
of no FTL travel what so ever. I know to an extent it
ruins the idea of dramatic engagements in space.

But I like to explore the ideas of exactly how inter-galactic
wars could take place under such conditions or whether combats would
only ever take place around planets or space stations.

Take even a small space (relatively speaking).
Say an Earth v Mars conflict with no FTL capability.

Chances are it would end up like the Battle of Trafalgar.
Better part of a year sailing around before the fleets meet.
Then all hell breaks loose for several hours.

Jeremey (just rambling as usual)
germ@germy.co.uk
www.germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: Near-Topic: G forces Next: Re: Near-Topic: G forces