Prev: Re: Near-Topic: G forces Next: Re: Near-Topic: G forces

Re: Near-Topic: G forces

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 10:55:05 -0800
Subject: Re: Near-Topic: G forces

Roger Books wrote:

>Human
> > >body

>might
> > >be
>able

> > >FB1 has some "colour" information at the back of the book
suggesting
> > >that all warships are fitted with fairly hefty acceleration
>compensators.
> >
> > Once I have FB1, I'll look into that.  In the meantime, I still
prefer
> > Fold/Jump PSB to true acceleration.
>
>I've never quite understood the whole "enter a fold at high speed"

I never mentioned entering a fold at high speed, Fold jump was meant to
represent either fold OR Jump.	I was thinking more of the "Create your
own
fold/wormhole/whaterver".

>thing.  I'm looking outside and sitting still.  Of course the
>earth is going around the sun at high speed.  The sun is going around
>the galactic core at even higher speed.  The Milky Way is
>moving away from distant galaxies at near light speed.  It's all
>relative.
>
>Personally, for gaming purposes I like jump points.

Fold, Jump point, what have you, I still prefer this method to the
"Actually
going really fast in normal space." FTL PSB.

2B^2

Prev: Re: Near-Topic: G forces Next: Re: Near-Topic: G forces