Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: Pre-read questions

Re: Website update (I think)

From: Colin Plummer <colin@i...>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 09:17:31 +0000
Subject: Re: Website update (I think)

Thus spoke Brian Burger on Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 11:01:39AM -0800 :
> > I do hate pop-unders.
>
> Don't we all? :>
>
> These are part of the new, highly irritating Freeservers; they used to
> just have banner ads at the top of each page, which was fine. Now
they've
> got banners AND popups/popunders.
>
> Want to know something interesting? If you browse with Opera
> (www.opera.com) none of the Freeservers popups appear! Ditto a number
of
> other irritating popups from other websites! I only realized
Freeservers
> had added popups when a friend told me; I always surf w/ Opera...

Mozilla has the option to turn various things off.. including pop-ups.

Interestingly enough google (www.google.com) hate pop-ups and don't
allow
such advertising (check their site for more info)

--

Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: Pre-read questions