Prev: Re: asteroid habs Next: [FT] Fighter images

Re: [FT] IJN Designs?

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 19:49:10 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] IJN Designs?

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Initial comment: These designs are all heavily geared towards Vector
> combat, rather than Cinematic.

True. As an adaptation I'd make class 3's 2 arc.

> >Destoyer:			   MASS    COST
> >Mass = 44			   -	   44
> >Cost = 152
> >Thrust = 6			   13	   26
> >FTL = Normal 		   4	   8
> >CrewFactors = 3
> >DP = 8; 2/2/2/2	   8	   16
> >Armor Box = 4		   4	   8
> >Weapons and Such
> >#	   Name
> >2	   Class 2 Battery,		   4	   12
> >	      3 arcs (ap/fp/f; f/fs/as)
> >3	   Class 3 Battery, 1 arc (f)	   12	   36
> >1	   Fire Control 	   1	   4
> >2	   PDS			   2	   6
> TOTAL 		  48
>
> Illegal design; 8 MASS too many.

That's 4 mass too much. Revised as having only 2 class 3s. How that got
that way I don't know. Thanks for catching it.

> >Heavy Cruiser {Missile}:
> >Mass = 8
> >Cost = 291
>
> Should be "Mass = 84, Cost = 293". Apart from that it's OK.

oops on the cut and paste and editing.

> >Battleship:			   MASS    COST
> >Mass = 134			   -	   134
> >Cost = 460
> >Thrust = 4			   27	   54
> >FTL = Normal 		   13	   26
> >CrewFactors = 7
> >DP = 26; 7/7/6/6		   26	   52
> >Armor Box: 12		   12	   24
> >Shields = 2			   13	   39
> >Weapons and Such
> >#	   Name
> >2	   Class 2 Battery,		   4	   12
> >	    3 arcs (ap/fp/f; f/fs/as)
> >4	   Class 3 Battery, 1 arc (f)	   16	   48
> >2	   Class 4 Battery, 1 arc (f)	   16	   48
> >4	   PDS			   4	   12
> >1	   ADFC 		   2	   8
> TOTAL 		  133	  457
>
> 1 MASS unused; according to the NPV you've specified (460) it should
be a
> weapon or PDS. I would however suggest that you make that one missing
MASS
> an FCS instead; otherwise all those weapons are unable to fire at
all...

hmm.. odd. I ran it through the program again and it came up the same.
Must be a bug somewhere. On the note of not having any FCs, well that's
just plain stupidity. I'll have to revise the design.

> >Fleet Carrier:		   MASS    COST
> Legal design, but the NPV was incorrect

hmm.. don't know where I made that mistake.

Thanks for the rundown.

Prev: Re: asteroid habs Next: [FT] Fighter images