Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: [FT] IJN Designs?

Re: asteroid habs

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 19:46:45 -0800
Subject: Re: asteroid habs

I recently read a historical novel about the Scottish colony in Panama
c.1600AD. It was entitled "Rising Sun" and covered a lot of  the
political and financial intrigues and failures before the First Fleet
set sail. Then the decline and failure of the colony is covered in some
detail.

I'm also a sucker for novels written as journal entries (c.f. Brust &
Bull's "Freedom and Necessity", a terrific novel).

Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

>G'day,
>

>Actually I think its a pretty good one as 100,000 or not if you're
setting
>up a colony that is fairly isolated, but taking a good deal of input
>(resource/financial) to start you do want some yobs wrecking it on you.
At