Prev: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 21:40:48 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

On  3-Feb-02 at 21:32, Brian Burger (yh728@victoria.tc.ca) wrote:

> The one exception would be if you've got some sort of oddball
> prison-planet/colonization effort going on. Personally, I can see
better
> things to do with habitable planets than use them as prisons. Stick
the
> convicts in asteroid habs, and let regular people do your colonizing.

A different kind of sentence.  Put them in a dangerous environment
that needs minerals extracted.	They are sentanced to produce X
amount of  mineral at which point they are set free.  Those with
drive that could be an asset to society get free sooner because
they work hard.  Those that are lazy (or stupid) never return.

Prev: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[