Prev: Re: [SG] Boarding Party Considerations Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 01:07:22 +1100
Subject: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

At 09:08  2/02/02 -0500, you wrote:
>At 11:29 AM -0800 2/2/02, John Atkinson wrote:
>>
>>Fewer rounds to hit. . . right.  The trend for the
>>past, 500 years of firearms development has been for
>>higher rate of fire.	If it's possible, the troops
>>will use it.
>
>Hey then just give them all metal storms right? Or a 100 round Mk19
box.
>Sure it weighs more than the weapon but so what. The grunts just want
>hose every target down right?
>
>The whole point of OCSW is that the sight gives you really accurate
means
>of getting the HE direct on the target rather than having to use
Kentucky
>windage after firing a few rounds. Fewer rounds to incapacitate a
target
>is better, no?

Well now that Ryan's mentioned Metal Storm I'll point out the AICW
(Advanced Infantry Combat Weapon) under development for the Australian
Defence Force. Much the same as the OICW but uses a metal storm barrel
instead of a magazine fed, recoil operated grenade launcher. You can
find
information on it at the Metal Storm website under Military Aplications.

Cheers

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Re: [SG] Boarding Party Considerations Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON