Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 12:42:54 +0100
Subject: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>

> You know, we just had a discussion wherein it was
> claimed that safeties on pistols are bad because
> people get too nervous to use them properly in combat.
>  Now you want some dumb 18-year old private to lase a
> target, adjust his computer and act as a mini
> artillery piece?  Bullshit!

Not that I really disagree here, but if I understood the functioning
correctly, the act of lasing will automatically set the computer.
Adjusting
is only neccesary if you don't want to hit the point you lased. Say, you
want to hit some guys behind a corner. You aim at the corner then adjust
the
grenade setting for a few feet behind further away and shoot beyond the
edge.

Greetings

Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON