Prev: Full Thrust Ship Creator Hunt Is On!!! Next: Re: Idiots that run off at the mouth withou actually having a clue.

Re: Full Thrust Ship Creator Hunt Is On!!!

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 01:39:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Full Thrust Ship Creator Hunt Is On!!!

From: Warren Shultzaberger <carol.warren@prodigy.net>

> Could someone help me?

You're probably past help. <grin>  "All hope abandon, ye who enter..."

> I used to have the Full Thrust Ship Creator (FB)

You want to talk to Andrew Ayres <ftshipcreator@bigpond.com>.  He's in
the midst of writing FTSC 2.0.	You can also try a Perl program
written by Roger Burton West, available at
http://firedrake.org/roger/ft/ --that was just released yesterday, in
fact.

> Is there a Full Thrust sub list I can subscribe to?

No.  There are sub lists for alien biology and GZG-relating computing,
but not separated by game.

> I'm new to the GZG
> line of games so I don't have Dirtside II or Stargrunt. I've only
got
> Full Thrust (FT, More Thrust, FB1, & FB2) right now.

That's a pretty good start.

> Also... Anyone know of some web links for some ship counters
(universal
> size would be cool)?
There are some.  Hopefully someone who remembers the URLs will chime
in here.

> One more thing... And this is the whopper.... Could someone give me
the
> pros and cons of Dirtside 2 and Stargrunt?

Well, there are quite a few current or former combat soldiers on this
mailing list, and they seem to feel that SG2 and DS2 are worthwhile.
Is that enough of a recommendation, or do you want to compare it to
something else?  It's less rule-bound than ASL, but vastly more
realistic than Warhammer (I grant you that there's plenty of room in
there).  You might want to look at www.stargrunt.ca

Also, Warren, are you perchance anywhere near Pennsylvania?  If so,
you will want to go to GZG East Coast Con, March 1-3, in Lancaster.
(Some of our listers define "near" rather loosely--last year we had
one from Puerto Rico, one from the Pacific NW and another from

Prev: Full Thrust Ship Creator Hunt Is On!!! Next: Re: Idiots that run off at the mouth withou actually having a clue.