Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?

Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 19:13:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Likely folks are supposed to keep their M-4s. This
> would replace the
> full M-4 set with the underslung M203.

No, it's supposed to replace the M-16.	The M-4 is not
in use as the primary weapon except in SOF units.

> The difference is that it's supposed to be direct
> fire. Rather than
> having to lob it in a high arc (ala a howitzer) you
> aim direct at
> your target.

Assuming your laser, your computer, and your
high-speed ninja electronics fuze all three work.

> Likely several guys peppering a BRDM, BTR or
> anything else that is
> relatively light will mission kill it. Its also
> likey to make the
> infantry really really want to debuss.

I don't want the infantry to debus.  I want it to stay
in the back of it's track where I can kill the track
and the whole squad with 1 well-placed AT-4.

John

Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?