Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 19:09:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Well, the basic idea is that instead of the grenade
> detonating because it hit the ground it detonates at
> the target you aim at _or_  when you designate a red
> force team that are behind defilade and set
> it to go off at their backs as it passes their
> cover. It puts all of the fragments into the area
> around it, rather that half into the
> ground. ie It air bursts next to them in something
> of an enfilade.

You know, we just had a discussion wherein it was
claimed that safeties on pistols are bad because
people get too nervous to use them properly in combat.
 Now you want some dumb 18-year old private to lase a
target, adjust his computer and act as a mini
artillery piece?  Bullshit!

> They do. They have Carbines. The push has gone as
> far as PDW's and such in some armies.

Actually, they carry rifles in the US Army.  Not
enough M-4s to go around.  And they have a number of
SAWs and M-240s as well.

John

Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON