Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

Idiots that run off at the mouth withou actually having a clue.

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 18:58:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Idiots that run off at the mouth withou actually having a clue.

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
> At 10:51 PM -0500 1/31/02, Glenn M Wilson wrote:
> >
> >Three letters:
> >
> >PDW - Personal Defense Weapon.
>
> I'd rather have a PDW that I could carry around on
> my every day
> Military truck drving job rather than leaving my
> M-16 in my cab.

If you actually were in the military and actually did
drive a truck, you'd find yourself about neck deep in
shit the first time you left your rifle in the cab of
a truck.  The rule is arm's length, and the US Army's
NCO Corps is pretty good at enforcing this rule.  The
first time you would have gotten the crap smoked out
of you, you'd start taking that sort of thing
seriously.  The second time you'd be in about the same
amount of shit, but head first.

FWIW, I had an M-16A2 in Kosovo that didn't leave my
side for any reason whatsoever--the only time I broke
that rule was when I was in the shower, and it leaned
in the corner of the latrine about 5 feet from me.
Yeah, it was a pain in the ass.  But better that than
letting some Albanian reject decide he liked it and
walk off with it.  Did I actually fire it?  No.  Never
had to--we got enough respect from the locals that we
only had to threaten a few times.  Were there some
times when I had a round in the chamber and my thumb
on the safety?	Hell yes.  And that would not have
been the time to decide to leave it somewhere
"convenient".

John

Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON