Prev: Re: [OT] Jargon file ? Next: Re: Bugs was Re: em4 figures

B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry...

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:06:12 -0500
Subject: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry...

Something that occurred to me when I was discussing this thread with
Randy at work a little while ago.

If you have a plant that can make Chips, robot tractors, laser guns
and anything else. What are your colonist doing? Given the current
technology with regards to  farming and the decrease in the
requirement for manual labor, I don't see massive food production
taking that much human labor. Even if it stays where we are now, its
still not much of a fraction of the pop of a 250,000 number colony.

What are they all doing? Sanitizing telephones and making
documentaries about each other? I guess, you could have lots of
security guards...
--
Ryan Gill	  |	   |	     rmgill@mindspring.com
		  |	   |

Prev: Re: [OT] Jargon file ? Next: Re: Bugs was Re: em4 figures