Prev: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of? Next: Re: Pounds, Shillings, and Pence

Re: small carrier expense

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:58:22 EST
Subject: Re: small carrier expense

However in the 'ral virtual world' that I am using it *IS* the only
almost a capital ship (other then fancy BC wannabes) that any of the
local 'powers' have...

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:36:31 -0800 Mark Reindl <mreindl@pacbell.net>
writes:

>that
>> > >

>I don't know if it's been addressed yet, but another advantage to
>building
>small carriers is the amount of time it takes vs. a larger vessel.
>Also, loss
>of a smaller carrier isn't as crippling as a larger one would be,
>either in
>terms of combat strength or morale.  In addition, there are some
>things that
>smaller carriers are just better for when you don't want your big boys
>tied up
>doing things like convoy escort, etc.
>
>Mark

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of? Next: Re: Pounds, Shillings, and Pence