Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:54:52 -0500
Subject: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

At 8:18 PM +0100 1/29/02, K.H.Ranitzsch wrote:

>Well, a laser rifle might have neither a firing pin nor a trigger
spring. It
>could be almost completely solid state.
>And - on earth- who says that in a place with simple machine tools
>(requiring electricity) you will not be able to find imported
electronics -
>at a price ?
>
>But with respect to Laser rifles we are indeed arguing out of thin air
>(mostly).

Ah but the original question arose that you'd be able to make them in
situ on a back water colony. Some are arguing that it'd be tough and
more economically feasible to just make repeating powder powered
assault rifles.

--
Ryan Gill	  |	   |	     rmgill@mindspring.com
		  |	   |

Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS