Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:53:18 -0500
Subject: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

At 7:55 PM +0100 1/29/02, K.H.Ranitzsch wrote:
[snip]

>You will need some steel or other metal for the engine. You have to get
the
>ores, process them to metal. You will need a fairly big block for the
>engine.
>You need some reasonably precise gears and other turning parts, plus a
fuel
>pump. You need a reasonably precise power lathe to make those.
Available
>from the 18th/19th century on, perhaps.
>Most of the body can be wood with metal reinforcements.
>You may want some glass for the windscreen. Another 'industry' to set
up
>Some basic electric gear for the ignition - so copper, wiredrawing,
>insulating.
>Electricity and glass-working might also give you headlights.
>I hope you don't insist on rubber tires ?

This is the crux of what I've been trying to get to. You need
industries to support industries to support other industries. A great
big web of materials, transport and factories. Even if they are small
and in someone's garage. Thats a lot of garages.

--
Ryan Gill	  |	   |	     rmgill@mindspring.com
		  |	   |

Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS